Vielux 56" major overhaul

So asking advice from all fellow Vieluxe owners besides Dave @ Rcplanebuyer, where do I find parts for this beast?
I need a gas control valve, would like to get the original overlays that go over the bezels.
Any help is much appreciated.

I need a gas control valve, would like to get the original overlays that go over the bezels.
Any help is much appreciated.
Welcome Pat, and good luck on the rebuild. What does the gas valve go to and look like? I believe at least some of the Vieluxe parts are the same or similar to Weber parts of the era.

Hi Steve its a gas control valve for one of the burners on my NG Vieluxe 56" grill

Attachments

• IMG_8955.jpeg
    IMG_8955.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8954.jpeg
    IMG_8954.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
Welcome. As a fellow Vieluxe owner, be prepared for a bit of frustration as you seek out parts. Parts rarely, if ever, come up on the secondary market and Weber’s own parts inventory is long gone on them. I’ve had decent luck matching up some Summit internals from grills of the same era (ie: crossover tubes, ignition components). I wouldn’t be surprised to see it share gas valves with a Summit. As for the bezel overlays, I’m not sure if you’ll ever see a set of those pop up.

I have this new valve for an old Genesis 1000 grill. The valve itself looks the same but there is definitely a difference in the length of the stem. Maybe someone knows if you can swap the stem out or not.IMG_20240710_193338338.jpgIMG_20240710_193311279.jpgIMG_20240710_193318846.jpg

What is wrong with the valve that you would need to replace it?

I just cleaned and lubricated all the valves on my new to me 44 Vieluxe and everything seems to work properly now with smooth modulation from low to high - the initial problem was sticking when pushing valves in

I did not do a side by side comparison between my LP Vieluxe and OG LP Summit 450 but I would say the main burner valves are similar (except maybe stem height)

Welcome. As a fellow Vieluxe owner, be prepared for a bit of frustration as you seek out parts. Parts rarely, if ever, come up on the secondary market and Weber’s own parts inventory is long gone on them. I’ve had decent luck matching up some Summit internals from grills of the same era (ie: crossover tubes, ignition components). I wouldn’t be surprised to see it share gas valves with a Summit. As for the bezel overlays, I’m not sure if you’ll ever see a set of those pop

What is wrong with the valve that you would need to replace it?

I just cleaned and lubricated all the valves on my new to me 44 Vieluxe and everything seems to work properly now with smooth modulation from low to high - the initial problem was sticking when pushing valves in

I did not do a side by side comparison between my LP Vieluxe and OG LP Summit 450 but I would say the main burner valves are similar (except maybe stem height)
Hi R Chin
So when trying to repair / clean and lubricate the valve, I had to extract one of the screws that holds the bonnet to the valve body because it was seized. In doing this my drill bit walked and damaged the aluminum bonnet. So actually all I really need is the bonnet and 2 new screws. I searched hi and low for the valve manufacturer to no avail, and tried almost every BBQ parts place out there to locate this valve and came up empty handed.

Got it
I’ll try to pull apart a Summit valve and compare to Vieluxe later today - not sure it would be much easier to source one of those though. If they match, maybe someone like Jon Tofte could compare between OG Summit and Genesis

But if it’s just aesthetic and you can still properly secure the bonnet (3mm screw btw - ask me how I know) to the body, I think you’d be ok

Ray

Last edited:
I pulled a valve off the Summit - it is completely different internally than Vieluxe even though similar btu with n-s burner layout

Summit has round holes and Vieluxe has slots/channels in the plug

The bonnet may fit but Summit has indexing for off-high-med-low whereas V has just off and high
If it will help, I can probably try putting Summit bonnet on Vieluxe valve body this weekend

Lmk - Ray

IMG_8033.jpeg

While I have no direct experience like @TomR does, I would echo his comments that you have an uphill battle ahead of you. Most likely, you will have to make some compromises and adaptations to make things work. Weber pretty much walked away from this project, so you are pretty much on your own now. It's sad because this was clearly the apex of their grills. I content myself with a 1st generation Summit which at least Weber put their name on!

Ray
I appreciate you taking the time to check into that for me.

J Tofte yes it will definitely be an uphill battle as I am learning as I go along. PS Weber is of zero help, I figured they could at least steer me in the right direction as far as obtaining replacement parts.

Back