Very very old Weber - my newest addition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - the good thing is if Weber doesn't want it I'm not going to cry about keeping it
icon_smile.gif

.....my wife might :p

Personally, I think you should let that Weber fulfill it's destiny and fire it up. It's not like it's worth a couple of grand. So you keep it stored in a box in your attic until you're gone--then one of you're relatives kicks it to the curb. I'd use it because that's it's purpose! JMHO

If you ever thought about selling it, I may be interested. I think it would look good in my collection, even though it probably wouldn't get used.

<span class="ev_code_RED">c'mon, slap that baby together, i'll bring the Porterhouse steaks and we'll fire'er up tonight!! </span>
Agreed! Light that baby up in the front yard and hand out free burgers to all the envious neighbors.

Originally posted by Bryan S:
Since no one asked, I will. What did you pay for it? Me, I'd use it. But that's just me.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I paid $35 - and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it.

But my quest for a Red Mastertouch continues
icon_smile.gif

That is the BEST score I've seen on this site !! Congrats!!! I'd use it too, but I'd keep it meticulously clean between uses and store it out of the elements. WAY TO GO !!!
icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by b mauro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Since no one asked, I will. What did you pay for it? Me, I'd use it. But that's just me.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I paid $35 - and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it.

But my quest for a Red Mastertouch continues
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great price for that grill. Very great score indeed.
icon_cool.gif

Sheldon, I use picsasa too. You have to right click the picture and "copy link location." For example...

DSC02707.JPG

Jake, I tried both the Image icon, code icon and the Link and none of them worked for me. Did you just put the link in the body of your text?

Also, what browser are you using? I use Firefox.

Originally posted by Joe Dang:
worked for me too. I looked at your post, you are using the URL tag.

I changed it again and now it works... 4th time is the charm?

Anyway, that is my Red Head (Kettle on the left for you color blind like my son...). From reading the mentioned threads, it is from the 70's. When I got it, it had a ding in the lid where the paint was chipped off. But I love using it since I made the mistake of giving away my old kettle (not intentionally... I took it to a friends to cook on and he thought I was giving him the grill for his birthday... he was my Best Man so I left it there...).

"Anyway, that is my Red Head (Kettle on the left for you color blind like my son...). From reading the mentioned threads, it is from the 70's. When I got it, it had a ding in the lid where the paint was chipped off. But I love using it since I made the mistake of giving away my old kettle (not intentionally... I took it to a friends to cook on and he thought I was giving him the grill for his birthday... he was my Best Man so I left it there...)"

He might have been you're 'Best Man' but in that situation you were the 'Better Man'
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by MaynardO:
I have a old blue weber new in the box, contacted Weber and they didn't care anything about it. I would have loved to trade for a 26 inch. good luck

HPIM1957.jpg

HPIM1959.jpg

Would your sell that old blue?

I would cook on any of them new "old" grills. I might not leave them outside all year like I did my black kettle for 25 years though. It is not like they are worth thousands of dollars. I myself like having unique things.

Hello there maynard. Im Trent Lorenson & im new to this web site. I was wondering if you would be interested in selling Old Blue? im very interested in it if you ever do or want to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back