Veins in a Picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean M.

TVWBB Fan
While cleaning an 11# picnic I found 3 rather large veins (1/8"+ diameter).

Should I dig them out?

After cooking, will I be able to see them and discard them?

As you can tell, this is my 1st picnic.

Thanks,
~ Sean

Sean, Pick them out when it's done. Alot easier. I'm very anal about getting all the nasties out of the meat when i pull it.
icon_eek.gif
Thats just me Bryan

I understand he came thru the surgery just fine thank goodness.

I was watching a BBQ comp on one of the TV shows and I believe I heard one of the guys say that they actually use the veins in the picnics to help inject the meat with apple juice. I've never tried a picnic but I would be curious to know if this works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken McCrary:
I was watching a BBQ comp on one of the TV shows and I believe I heard one of the guys say that they actually use the veins in the picnics to help inject the meat with apple juice. I've never tried a picnic but I would be curious to know if this works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, let's think about that. What does a vein do? It carries a liquid. What does a vein not do? Unless the vein is damaged, ain't no apple juice going out anywhere but an open end. I doubt seriously apple juice can seep through the walls any easier than blood did. But, I ain't no doc, err..vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back