Variations on BRITU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Etheridge

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm doing 3 racks of spares this weekend for my brother's birthday. One of the racks will be BRITU.

My question is has anyone ever rubbed the ribs with BRITU the night before and let them set overnight as opposed to applying the rub 2 hrs before as the recipe calls for...if so how did they turn out? Did you apply more rub right before putting the ribs on?

Second, how much rub do you apply per slab? The recipe calls for "a good dusting" and I realize that means different amounts to different people but I was wondering how much rub some of you use when doing BRITU and how they tasted? For example, I think I read where someone used 1/4 cup BRITU rub per slab.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, the other two slabs will be dry ribs using the Rendezvous Rub, and Carson's Ribs of Chicago where the ribs are smothered in sauce and then put on the cooker.
------------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Rib size would adjust the amount of rub used. I went by the picture and made my ribs look somewhat like the picture did. That worked out well for me and the ribs came out great.

The 1st time i made BRITU, I rubbed them the nite before, big mistake, they came out way to salty....just follow the directions.....Ed

Mark,

The last time I used my own rub which has about the same amount of salt as used in the BRITU, I failed to account for the ribs that I had that had been "enhanced" with a brine injection. Actually I didn't realize it until it was too late. They were ruubed and let stand overnite. They were pretty salty. You will probably be OK, just make sure you read the label on the ribs. Good Luck with the party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back