Valve Spring

Ron Goldstein

Hi all,

New member here. I have a spirit E-310 2015 vintage. Recently, the valves started to get hard to turn and one of them was extremely easy to push in. I looked online and saw multiple videos showing how to fix this problem, so I undertook the job. One screw on each valve easily unscrewed, but on all 3 valves, the screw on the right wouldn't budge--All 3 had a white film on the right screw head---possibly something applied at the factory to discourage removing it. I have a 3/8" electric impact gun and gave it a try, and all 3 screws easily came out with a little rattling with the gun. On 2 of the valves, the spring was intact---Corroded, but intact. On 1 of the valves, the spring came out in 3 pieces. I cleaned and lubed all 3 valves and they now turn freely, but I need at least 1 spring to replace the broken one---Replacing all 3 would be better as the other 2 are not in great shape.

Has anyone here found a close replacement for these springs ?? I measured them with a digital caliper and they measure as follows: Length .53", OD .47", ID .41" and wire diameter is .030". I am sure that Weber doesn't offer these, as I'm sure they would rather sell a complete manifold. Let me know if you found a suitable replacement for these springs.

Thanks,

RON

Well if we knew if they were close in size to a classic Genesis, I have a few pieces laying around IIRC

Does that spring do anything more than just keep the knob up when a indentation is reached on the valve ?

Well, I found some springs on Amazon that are the identical diameter and wire thickness, but longer. No problem to cut them down to the proper length---and they're stainless steel, so they shouldn't rot out and break. The originals are .030" thick---I found ones that are .030 and .040 thick--I ordered both. They will be here on Thursday. I'll let you guys know how it goes after I fix it.

RON

Back