vacuum packing

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm a new registered user, but have enjoyed the forums for months. I have read several references to a ComPact II sealer to save pulled pork, brisket etc. Where can I purchase it? How does it compare to the Tilia mdels? Tilia appears to get mixed reviews on Amazon - some very positive and others quite negative. Are there other brands that do a good job so we can enjoyed bbq during Jan and Feb. Thanks!

Charlie, the Compact II *is* a Tilia FoodSaver. I think they've changed the name of it though. I bought mine from QVC about a year ago; they had the best price I could find at the time. I am very happy with mine. I use it all the time. No more freezer burn! Refrigerated stuff like cheese keeps a lot longer also. The only other brand I've heard about is the Deni, which I understand uses a fan (versus the Tilia's piston pump) and from most accounts is junk.

We have a great price on them..because we use them.
We package ALL our retail bags with a foodsaver pro. It has NEVER failed us. We ship over 500lbs a week out using ONE foodsaver pro...it runs almost 12 hrs a day without problem...it is the best...
if you don't buy it from us..
buy it.

------------------
Regards,
--
Steven A. Davidson, President
Ma's Smokin Chips, Inc.
PO Box 433
Palouse, WA 99161
Phone 509.878.1475 9am-5pm PST Monday-Friday
Fax 810.314.2439 24/7
http://www.smokinchips.com
Certified allexpert at <A HREF="http://allexperts.com
Subscribe" TARGET=_blank>http://allexperts.com
Subscribe</A> to our newsletter for deals, updates and recipes at
newsletter@smokinchips.com Put SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Good morning Charlie:
Welcome to the Athens of WSM BBQing! Like you, I had read about the FoodSaver for months and did a fair amount of research before deciding to part with a few bucks and make the leap. I purchased mine at a company entitled Service Merchandise Mart (a Wal-Mart type, Louisiana based firm) for around the same prices you'll see quoted by others at this site. The pay back on this device is quick and sure when you consider the pounds of freezer-bound food usually thrown away because of freezer burn (not to speak of the grief one gets from their family for serving crappy food). We recently had a delicious, children pleasing, standing rib roast dinner with the main entr?e having been smoked at Christmas and preserved using the FoodSaver! It's a good investment; go for it!
?John

I wonder how long smoked ribs , brisket, etc. will keep under normal refrigeration when using the vacuum sealer. I hate to freeze anything that has already been cooked.

Any thoughts ?

Steve in Mpls

Beef will keep for a year, if the seal is good. I can't say I've ever tried but that's what the book says.
Jim

I must have a magic sealer or fridge. Whenever I put some butt or brisket (or anything else for that matter) in the freezer it NEVER lasts a full year. I keep smoking and it keeps disappearing. Anyone got any ideas on where it goes?

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back