v4.0 vs v4.2.4 and Themocouple amplifiers

SpencerB

Without doing my research properly I ordered a v4.0 board rather than a v4.2.4 so my question before I order the rest of the components is

Whats the difference between the two? is it just the thermo couple support.

I'd like to use a thermocouple for my pit temp, my soldering skills are okay I guess (I've done a few console modifications and stripboard projects in my time) but the SMD soldering is something I'd try but I'm not coffident with. Can I just buy a themo couple amp like this Themocouple amplifier I'm not really worried about it not fitting in the case as I plan on using a VFD I have knocking about rather than the LCD in the project anyway so I wasn't planning on using a printed case or anything (in the short term probably just a tupperware box or something).

Thanks!

v4.0 has the old RCA jack blower output, no servo/damper output, only supports "pulse" mode blower output (no voltage mode), no thermocouple support, no probe input filtering (more noise).

You can't use that thermocouple amp board because it is offset by 250C and HeaterMeter only supports offsets +/-127 degrees.

Thanks, Think I'll just have to buy myself a v4.2.4 board then.... now to decide weather or not to attempt the smd soldering

Back