Using Texas BBQ rub for the first time.

Joseph C

TVWBB Fan
To quote someone:

I use Lea & Perrins Worchestershire sauce. I put on a nice coat of worchestershire to cover the entire brisket. When the rub is added to the top of the worchestershire it will actually form a paste.

I was thinking of marinading the 13 pound brisket in L & A for 24 hours. How does that sound?

Hiw much rub do you put on?

icon_eek.gif

personally, I wouldn't marinate it for very long in worcestershire sauce. I find it to be very strong, and can overpower, but that is just me. If you go the worcestershire route, I'd just do it shortly beforehand, then rub to form the paste. But, take that with a grain of salt, since I don't do any worcestershire on my brisket... I usually just go with a very bold rub instead.

Regardless, please let us know how it turns out for you.

- adam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adam clyde:
personally, I wouldn't marinate it for very long in worcestershire sauce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me neither. Bill's instructions say to apply worsty sauce, then rub, then right into the smoker. No marinating, no holding in the fridge overnight... I've used his stuff before - not bad. How much to use? I give the meat a good coat, but I don't pack it on like I would do for a butt.

Is the TX rub better than the Midnight Brisket Rub? I am thinkning about adding some spice to the Midnight Rub, but am afraid of losing the flaovor of the meat.

Back