Using coffee in rubs

Paul H

TVWBB Gold Member
I was thinking of adding coffee to my rub to see what it does to the flavor. Do you grind the beans up and sprinkle the grounds in the rub or what??

Paul

"BBQ With Bobby Flay" did a seg on coffee BBQ on Sat July 8th. I haven't looked but the rec is probably on Foodnetwork web site.

Sounds good..Let us know how it turns out.

jc

Paul, go to the Rubs forum on this site and search for "coffee." You'll find a couple or more recipes that include it.

Rita

Rita and Kevin, Thanks for the help. Will be trying that on my next batch of rub. Did a derivation of the All South rub last night using Ancho powder instead of Paprika. It's definitely a keeper.

I Have used Starbucks ground coffee right out of the bag on some T-bone steaks last year. I used it like a rub on the steaks. The flavor was great over the hot grill. I also add it to some of my rubs for added flavor. Hey don't be afraid try something new!

Scott said, "Don't be afraid to try something new". Well, I have NOT made a rub with cinnamon. For some reason I did not get it. Now reading about coffee in rubs again, I said, "Self...try coffee with cinnamon". Before writing I too did a search in rubs for coffee. Yep. You guys are already doing just that. Kevin , you always seem to be 'spot on'! Yes the cocoa fits very well too. Maybe now is the time to finally try it.

Back