Use for briskett leftovers?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all, i did a 12 pound brisket for my first cook, and i have a lot leftover. I did this for 3 people including myself (there's just somethin about big pieces of meat and whole animals) I guess i think i still work in a restaurant! hah. Anyways i was wondering if anyone had any interesting ideas as to what to do with some of it. I think tomorrow will be brisket hash for breakfast, but after that i haven't decided. Thanks.

mAKE SOME MARGARITTA'S AND MAKE SOME FAJITA'S WITH IT!!!!

NEXT TIME INVITE SOME CARNIVORES OVER.

(I HAVE PLENTY IN MY FAMILY IF YOU WANT TO BORROW SOME)

Ditto Mike's suggestion. I'm always conflicted whether to slice the point or to just shred it up like pulled pork for some of those "samiches"-- on a soft burger bun, of course.

I had some briskett hash for breakfast yesterday, and samiches for lunch and dinner, they were very good (some with red sauce and also a mustard sauce i whipped up). It's almost all gone which is probably a good thing. I'm at brisket saturation point. Atleast until tomorrow /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Thanks for the advice everyone

Yeah, after five or six straight meals, even Q heads are ready for a little break. Very important....freeze some and save it for the next time you make beans...it kicks a simple bean pot up to unbelievable notches! I also save some for Brunswick stew or Carolina hash. Good seasoning meat....it'd probably go good in a pot of green beans too!

Get a vacuum packer and seal it, then freeze it for q'less nights when you're ready for more.

As for getting brisket'd out, I tend to get tired of beef allot faster than I do of pork. I did 2 pork butts a week ago and had sandwiches, made tamales, tacos, loose meat with sauce, etc etc for about 5 days and could have gone on longer.

I have a silly question...

What are leftovers?

From the posts it sounds like all the food hasn't been eaten. I've never heard of that before!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I went to a restaurant in New Orleans called Tony Angelo's. They make a kick #!% brisket salad. Just shread some brisket with mixed greens and add an oil/vinegar or Italian dressing. You can also make great tacos with it. Warm flour tortillas and your favorite taco/fajita toppings.

Next time you're in that neighborhood, go east on Harrison Ave. a few blocks past Canal Blvd. to The Steak Knife. Great steaks, sides, service. Cigar-friendly bar featuring jazz trio-type music.

Salad? i should have specified (i only like unhealthy foods) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . Just kidding, i make stew and when its done i pull out the shanks and shred the meat for salad, same way with a little vinegar and oil

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Next time you're in that neighborhood, go east on Harrison Ave. a few blocks past Canal Blvd. to The Steak Knife. Great steaks, sides, service. Cigar-friendly bar featuring jazz trio-type music. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Doug,

I've been to the Steak Knife...many times. The guys that I used to do business with down there lived at the place. By any chance do you know a guy named Joe Becker? He lives in that neighborhood and introduced me to the Steak Knife and to Tony A's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Clay:
[qb]Doug,
I've been to the Steak Knife...many times. The guys that I used to do business with down there lived at the place. By any chance do you know a guy named Joe Becker? He lives in that neighborhood and introduced me to the Steak Knife and to Tony A's. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Name doesn't ring a bell, but I might recognize his face if he lived there 25 years ago-- I used to work in the next block during my college years.

Doug,

Joe has lived there his whole life, however, I don't think that he's been in that neighborhood for more then maybe 10 or 15 years. He's retired, in his mid 60's. You might recognize him. Anyway, I love that area. Unfortunately I don't get to go there very often anymore. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back