USDA Prime Ribeyes!

Dave B.

TVWBB Member
Was at my local Costco today wandering around the meat section looking for some pork shoulder to smoke, when I saw a case of USDA Prime Ribeyes for only $10.99/lb!
icon_eek.gif

I've been waiting forever for this, so I picked the best of the bunch (wasn't much left, unfortunately) and headed for the exit. Now I'm almost afraid to cook 'em for fear that I'll overcook! I'll definitely take pics...if it's the only time I can find USDA Primes, I want to remember it!

Off to season 'em -- going simple: some pepper, kosher salt, and maybe a little olive oil. Can't wait for dinner...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave B.:
...if it's the only time I can find USDA Primes, I want to remember it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you overcook them, YOU'll REMEMBER IT !!
icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck on your cook .. Looking forward to the pics!

I was at local Costco and found some USDA prime Loin Top Sirloin steaks for $5.99 a pound. Not many left. Hope I can cook them right.
guy

Yep - Mine usually always has a good selection of Prime RibeEye and New York Stip - but lately I've seen that they've added Top Sirloin.

I'll have to give the Sirloin a try.

You really can't beat their price - my "other" supermarket usually has "sales" where their USDA Choice is around 9.99lb for RibEye....no thanks.....

they were TONS of prime meats at Costco this weekend. there were some lovely full ny strips and ribeyes, all for $8-10 per pound for the cryos.

but i tell ya, i picked up one of their regular ribeye cryos for only $5.99 i think it was...the quality is darn near prime in my book.

and belly
icon_smile.gif

Sometimes people(customers) mix in the non prime with the prime. I know because I bought from the prime section and wound of with choice. It is a man thing don't read just grab.

Back