Upgrading old to new propane connections

Pics of 2 of the tanks I have stockpiled:

The tank that will fit on the grill has 2 small oblong cutouts, with a larger oblong cutout for use as a hand grab when carrying. The hand grab on this tank does not has a "comfort" rolled edge. Any of the three cutouts could be used on this grill hanger.

The tank(s) that will not fit have due to the circular cutout not being large enough for the existing hanger on the grill has that single circular cutout and two hand grabs, both with the "comfort" rolled edge.

I'll measure the hanger tomorrow.

Older tank, seen by date code:

View attachment 62733

Newer tank, seen by date code:
View attachment 62734
I have one each of both styles as well. I do have to move the locking tab on the holder out of the way, but then the tank with the single round mounting hole fits fine.20221115_171833.jpg

Just did the adapter swap. And noticed that the tank with 2 oblong does indeed have the comfort grip, but just the one. Coulda sworn it didn't....

I'll still look at the hanger size tomorrow, take a measurement.

fitting with rectorseal.jpg

Those big pot burners need a High PSI regulator that is adjustable. BTW those are NOT interchangeable to a grill regulator at all. Forego trying without a regulator. Unless you want to win a Darwin award.

Thanks LMichaels for your earlier advice. I eventually ordered an OEM straight from Bayou Classics, spending probably at least double had I been comfortable enough to source one comparable from the secondary market.

Works a charm. Been wanting to add one of these to my collection primarily for canning, but seeing the flame I'm sure I'll be getting the wok exercised on it pretty regularly.

CookerHose.jpg

Back