Uneven cooking?

Steven Martin

TVWBB Member
Cooking dinner tonight on the Genesis 1000 and noticed that the left side of the grill is cooking way slower than the right. Burners all look like they are the same across. All burners on high. Here’s a pic. Both pans of green beans are the same pans, same ingredients and same amount. Any ideas as to why?

Attachments

• DD5959EB-240F-4642-835B-10B84183547A.jpeg
    DD5959EB-240F-4642-835B-10B84183547A.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 9
Take the grates and flavor bars out and take a night time picture with the burners on Hi and again on Lo. No wind and no external lighting if you can. The burner jets may be blocked on one end.

Could be a simple as a little breeze on that side. I did the "toast test" on my grill and found the right side runs a little hotter.

Looks like your back burner is lower than the others. On my grill, my back burner seems to put out more heat than the other two lately. But, I am probably due for a good cleaning. Maybe after I do my Brisket tomorrow.

Doesn't get much better than that, in my book. That is cool that you have the original burners! That middle burner isn't made like that anymore.

You can have everything 100% perfect and it will always favor one part being hotter than another. Some are actually engineered that way. LIke my Wolf is engineered to run hotter across the front of the grill than the back. I spoke to a support rep at SubZero/Wolf and he explained it's because pro chefs who use them like to be able to move something to the back for a "safer" area so no matter how my knobs are set the back always runs slightly cooler. I spent more darn time pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong until I found out it was actually "right" LOL

Larry, my grill definitely runs hotter in the back. But, I don't think that it was always that way. I guess it is time to do some annual maintenance on my own grill.

Mine as well. It's now markedly hotter on the right (the Genesis not the Wolf). Flames don't look so good either. I gotta get after it LOL

My "Genny" 1K has the same old style burner. Have yet to hook it up and see if it works though. Yours look like they are in excellent shape. Those OEM burners are awesome.

Back