Ultimate Sriracha Burger

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Like your burgers a little spicy? Then this might be for you.

Ultimate Sriracha Burger

3 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup soy sauce
10 TB. Sriracha
4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 slices thick-cut bacon
2 large sweet onions
3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
8 buns
8 thick slices Swiss cheese
1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
Arugula or Romaine lettuce

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, soy sauce, 5 TB. of the Sriracha and the pepper. Do not overmix. Form the mixture into 8 patties and set aside, on a parchment-lined baking sheet, covered, in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
3. In a medium frying pan over medium low heat, cook the bacon. While the bacon is cooking, peel and quarter the onion. Cut each section into 1/4" slices. Once the bacon is cooked, remove, cut in half, drain on paper towels, reserving the remaining bacon fat in the pan. Cook the onion in the fat over medium low heat until they caramelize, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Grill the burgers, turning once, 4 to 4 1/2 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 130 to 135 for medium rare. While the burgers are cooking, in a small bowl, combine the blue cheese dressing with the remaining 5 TB. Sriracha. Lightly toast the buns on the grill during the last minute of cooking time.

Source: The Sriracha Cookbook - Randy Clemens - 2011

Has anyone tried this recipe yet? DH wants to make it soon. Even at 1/2 recipe, 5 TB. sriracha is still an awful lot of hot sauce. I know DH will want some Sriracha, but I don't know how much I could handle.
Any suggestions?

Back