ULine Lime green SJS

T Perkins

TVWBB Fan
Are these things pretty rare/tough to find? I was given one last summer at my new job since they all know I grill/BBQ all the time.

They were sold at Crate & Barrel as well. I think uline may have picked up the overstock from them. They are available typically every week on ebay and uline still sells them as well as a couple vendors on amazon.

Good to know. Wasn't sure if they were tough to find or what since I just don't see many pics of them in peoples collections. Since they aren't really a big deal, I will get to work on that mini now...

Are these things pretty rare/tough to find? I was given one last summer at my new job since they all know I grill/BBQ all the time.
T, they would probably love it if you use that lime smokey to make something delicious for them at work.

I cook for all us techs at work alot. I'll load up a kettle and do burgers or brats. Sometimes I'll bring in a tray of pulled pork for sandwiches or tacos. Wanna find a way to do some ribs with the rib-o-lator and maybe ABT's on a mini sometime this summer for us. Makes the rest of the depts jealous!!!

Actually, the Uline and the Crate and Barrel are two different colors of green. The Uline is a brighter green and is an exclusive for them, as far as I can tell. I think that Weber may use that same color in the European edition of the Smokey Joe but it's got different hardware. You can pick up the ulines for forty or fifty bucks on ebay fairly often. You can actually just buy straight from uline for fifty bucks too. I just bought a crate and barrel edition in the box for $44.99 on ebay.

As Mark just stated - the Uline and C&B are 2 different colors.

rxh6.jpg

Edit to add --- this is Duke's photo from WKC

Last edited:
Shaun, I'm still waiting for it to show up, should be today. But I already own a C&B Performer and the color looked the same. But even if that was confusing, the handle was the older, flat topped plastic one. I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if it's not C&B, though I would be fine with that price for a Ulime.

If that's the exact picture of it I think you are right. It will say either or on the box anyways. I think both greens are nice.

Yeah, I love the green ones. I just bought a lime green 18.5 last week from 1974 or so. It's pretty close to mint condition. I was thinking about having a stable of various greens but then I remembered that I have decided that I'm only going to keep cookers and not lookers. :( So, reluctantly, I'll be putting it on eBay in the next few weeks. Actually, the biggest factor is that I can probably buy a lot of groceries for the family from the sale. The Smokey Joe that is coming is definitely going to be a cooker and will match its big brother.

Nope, they sent me the Uline. I double checked the ad again and it says right in the ad that you will receive the grill as in the photo. They describe it as very rare. Well, it's not extremely rare but you don't see a lot of C&B Smokey Joes in the box still, so I guess it's kind of rare. But between that description and the photo they definitely were advertising for a C&B edition. Also, if you wanted one in the sealed box as a collectible you'd be out of luck too. They taped the crap out of the box. It says Uline in great big letters on the Weber box too.
I contacted the seller, we'll see what they say. It was 44.99 with free shipping, that's a pretty good price for a Uline even, just not what I ordered or what they were advertising.
So If you just want a green Smokey Joe, this is a good one at a good price, just not a C&B.

Nope, they sent me the Uline. I double checked the ad again and it says right in the ad that you will receive the grill as in the photo. They describe it as very rare. Well, it's not extremely rare but you don't see a lot of C&B Smokey Joes in the box still, so I guess it's kind of rare. But between that description and the photo they definitely were advertising for a C&B edition. Also, if you wanted one in the sealed box as a collectible you'd be out of luck too. They taped the crap out of the box. It says Uline in great big letters on the Weber box too.
I contacted the seller, we'll see what they say. It was 44.99 with free shipping, that's a pretty good price for a Uline even, just not what I ordered or what they were advertising.
So If you just want a green Smokey Joe, this is a good one at a good price, just not a C&B.

If you notice in the 2nd pic you can just see the model number which is 10799. This is the uline green part number.

Yep, but I've decided I'm going to keep it. The color is pretty close and although the seller offered a refund I'd still have to pay for shipping. It's not worth it to me and I like the grill.

Back