UK WSM - on sale at £200

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">marked down to £200. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Marked down to $390.63? That is expensive!

Ray

Thats about $AUD500.00
The WSM sells for $AUD499.00 here in Australia and is never available at a discounted price.
There is not a big market for them. most people want to buy a gasser, I normally sell about 10 gassers/Qs to 1 kettle.

regards

Phil, smoke some port butt with the Renoun Mr. Brown on this site, let your customers sample it, you might get some sales of the WSM!!!

David
I did some Cedar Planked Salmon with a Dijon glaze 2 weeks ago for something different, now everyone wants to buy cedar planks and put them on their gasser.

Problem with demonstrating a WSM is that I am always opening it to show people - they taste the food and say "Ohh! that’s fantastic" and them buy a gasser purely for the convenience.

I don't know what it is like in the USA now but here everyone is busy being busy, the roses don't get smelt and many of the niceties of life are bypassed.
I just as guilty of this than many others, I have a 45 hr/week job, my own (successful) 10- 20 hr/week business and I demonstrate BBQs for Weber of a Saturday. A gasser is my choice for the convenience also.

However, I always apply the 3 foot rule with the WSM – anyone that comes within 3 foot of me, I tell them about the WSM and how good it is.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't know what it is like in the USA now but here everyone is busy being busy, the roses don't get smelt and many of the niceties of life are bypassed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Phil,

It is the same here. Folks are so busy that they almost seem unfriendly. Hope you sell a lot more WSM's.

Ray

Phil,
I understand completely. Same here. Since I have gotten to the point that I am not golfing much, or other hoggies, somking has become my hobby. It does require time that I would not have had years earlier!!!! Good luck!

Back