Two brisket flats - HELP!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I unfortunately bought brisket flat cuts at Costco yesterday. Like 4.5 lbs and 4.75 lbs. They're trimmed up quite a bit. I would've preferred the whole brisket, but that's what was there and I guess I bought on impulse. So now I'm a little worried that they'll end up dry. I've seen people mention doing tricks with bacon, and using a lower temp. What about tying the two together with cooking twine? Or foil them both halfway through the session? Thanks!

Andy

Hey Andy, not sure about tying them together but foiling at about 180 or so with a little beef broth is what i would probably do. Also those are pretty small and they will cook quick so keep a close eye on them. let us know how they turned out and how you did them. Good luck!
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

I have tried the putting the bacon on the brisket and I am not sure that did much of anything to help. One thing is for sure it won't hurt anything.

Tim has a good idea there. I would just say foil it before 180. Take it to around 165 then foil with broth. Brisket usually becomes fork tender between 180 and 190 so foiling will be a bit late at 180.

Back