TVWBB Meat Loaf is a hit!!!

David Ward

TVWBB Fan
Well, I finally got around to trying the receipe from the site's main page for smoked meat loaf. The meat is a basic meat loaf and I had never tried the mix of sweet brown sugar and nutmeg in a glaze on a meat loaf before.

Let me say this - it's a wonderful hit at my house.

Smoked it for about 2 hours to 165* internal over new kingsford and applewood chips (did not really notice much difference in the new vs old kingsford either). Only difference in mine is the local meat market did not have ground veal, so I used just beef and pork (upped the beef to make up for the weight of the missing veal).

Oh man, that glaze is almost like candy!!! And the idea of cheap disposable pans with holes poked in them over a foiled water pan works like a charm...

This one will be a regular at our table. Quick, easy, and very tasty. If you have not tried it, please consider doing so. You will not be dissapointed.

Thanks for another great receipe and a great site!!!!!

David,

It's a favorite at our house too! I highly recommend trying the parchment paper technique. Shawn gave a great description here.

JimT

That's a great idea!!! Since all we are doing is keeping the loaf from molding over the grate and preventing it from drowning in the juice, it does not matter how you channel it to the drip pan. Alluminum foil with holes or parchment paper - it's all the same!!!

And the best part is I have a ton of parchment paper in the pantry (local Kroger was discontinuing it a while back and we bought all they had since it was .20 cents on the dollar). No need to buy disposable pans at $1.59 for 2 anymore.

Thanks for the tip as I had missed that one in the other post.

Be sure you catch those drippings and add some (minus most of the fat) to your BBQ sauce. They really *make* the sauce.

Rita

I leave the meatloaf in a loaf pan in the refridgerator for at least two hours before cooking. Then I remove the meatloaf from the pan and place it directly on the grill at the start of the cook. The meatloaf holds its' shape well during the cook.

My wife uses the recipie from the Lipton's soup package and uses 50% ground beef and 50% turkey. She mixes it up, puts it in the foil pan and then I put it on the WSM. It is the best meatloaf I have ever had!

We even made a meatloaf from the South Beach Diet and it was very good as well. I know the topping sauce wasn't South Beach approved, but so what?
icon_wink.gif

Ok, you're killing me. I couldn't find the recipe on the main page and a search brings up a bunch of threads talking about the recipe but no links to it.

Can one of you nice people point me in the right direction?
icon_biggrin.gif

This really sounds like something I would like to try (and I happen to have a bag of apple wood chips onhand).

Ahhh, thank you. That sounds really good. I've got everything onhand except for the meat so I'm going to show it to the wife and see if I can make it this weekend (we're both dieting, I'm doing my own thing but she's paying for weight watchers so has the final say).

Also try that meatloaf with Sriracha sauce (Thai chili sauce) substituted for the ketchup mixed in with the meat. It's spicy (but not killer) and the flavor is outstanding.

Back