trying to decide between the q120 and q320

I love my q100 .....it goes good with my Performer.I am seventy years old and over the years I have had all kinds of smokers and grills.I now have the perfect smoker grills for me right now.

I have the 320 and it's definitely a great grill. It's a great smaller alternative to the larger Spirits and Genesis models, if you have a smaller family, or small area. I have a Genesis and got the 320 for backup for larger parties, and for camping/tailgating. I will say that for travel, the 320 is a bit of a handful. Stock, the grill is perminently mounted to the stand, and the stand does not fold, so it's a bit of a PITA to transport. I swapped the 4 mounting screws in the legs with thumb screws so that the grill can be removed from the stand quickly and easily. This way, I can lay the stand on it's back, and the grill sits upright in the cargo area of my truck. I can also use the grill without the stand, if there's a picnic table or something at the destination, so this helps a great deal in making the larger 3XX more portable.

"I swapped the 4 mounting screws in the legs with thumb screws so that the grill can be removed from the stand quickly and easily."

what size screws? where can i get them? hardware store? plumbing? this is exactly what i want to do.

Actually, I just swapped out the thumb screws as they were only zinc plated, and I always like to use stainless. They didn't have any stainless thumb screws, so I made some using 1/4-20 wing nuts and the correct net length phillips 1/4-20 screw. Just run the screw through the wing nut backwards so that the screw head goes into the crotch of the wings, and crank it down with a little locktite. Works great. The nice thing is, the wing nuts gives you a little shoulder to lessen the chances of gouging the plastic as you tighten them down.

Back