Trying the E6 this year

Andy B in FL

Doing nothing else new other than a lower temp since I've had trouble getting a nice golden brown skin. I may crank up the heat as it's finishing to see if that'll crisp the skin. Anyway, the E6 is holding a temp nicely. I still have my bullet and it still has its purpose, but I'm still trying everything in the E6. If anyone is curious, the Kamado can do pretty much anything but has its limits when it comes to the finesse of a cook the bullet delivers and, since you can't refuel easily, is not ideal for long smokes.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy the day with your family and food!

Attachments

• 20211125_135247.png
    20211125_135247.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 10
  • B5782966-DF00-4C25-BE41-C29283258EE7.jpeg
    B5782966-DF00-4C25-BE41-C29283258EE7.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 11
If anyone is curious, the Kamado can do pretty much anything but has its limits when it comes to the finesse of a cook the bullet delivers and, since you can't refuel easily, is not ideal for long smokes.

Huh? Can't say I have seen a single Summit Kamado owner that would agree with either of your observations. Long cooks are certainly not a limitation of the E6/S6 - they are a strong point. You must not be putting enough charcoal in because you can get 20 hours without adding charcoal. I have smoked for 14 hours with below freezing temperatures and still had leftover lump to go longer.

Huh? Can't say I have seen a single Summit Kamado owner that would agree with either of your observations. Long cooks are certainly not a limitation of the E6/S6 - they are a strong point. You must not be putting enough charcoal in because you can get 20 hours without adding charcoal. I have smoked for 14 hours with below freezing temperatures and still had leftover lump to go longer.
Agreed. I could probably run for 36 hours loaded at 225°, easily. The E6 is a fuel miser and it’s masterful at everything.

It could be true, not adding enough charcoal

+1

Back