Trim when adding a right swing table to a Silver B

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
I have the end piece and the right swing table, but the donor had no trim.

Is there something that replaces the metal trim below the control panel?

20210911_140755.jpg

There was no trim on mine, but mine had a condiment bucket when I bought it.

Pic1.jpg20210911_145838.jpg20210911_145846.jpg

Last edited:
The condiment basket or a swing table are the other two options that I know of to replace the trim. But you cannot use either if you don't have the right side handle with the drop down bracket to accept the pivot rod. The photo in the original post does not have the right kind of handle for a condiment basket or swing table.

Straight bleach with a green scrubby works great on those. Then, give them a couple applications of a good vinyl protectant. I use Aerospace 303.

There's a procedure on WKC for refinishing the plastic table on a Performer that I used...basically a succession of wet-or-dry sandpaper followed by the protectant. My RH tables were really roughened by exposure to the elements and stained...it made them like new. I didn't try to do the end cap, too many rounded edges.

Oh, that's a beauty, Bruce! I wouldn't be able to part with it...I am weak, like when a pretty girl walks by. But score! for some lucky buyer.

+1 for thermosets and Silvers!

I found that sanding the durawood slats from a genesis makes them look a lot nicer also. I've tried power washing also, but a light sanding with a fine grit sandpaper seems to work the best on them.

Back