Tried the new Kingsford charcoal tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Mayhew

TVWBB Member
I picked up a bag of the new Kingsford charcoal and used it tonight for the first time.

I did simply chicken breasts with salt and pepper and I added peach wood. I also added some mustard bbq sauce at the end.

Overall it was pretty tasty.

I think the new charcoal lights a bit faster than the older Kingford and does not have as strong a smell when lighting (it's still there, just not as much). I'd say overall it's better than before, but I haven't tried low and slow yet.

However, I still think lump tastes better (and I think Kingsford Competition and Rancher are better as well). I did the same thing last week, but used lump instead of the new Kingsford. Much, much better overall.

Thanks for the review Mac.
I still have a few bags of the old blue bag to use up before trying the new stuff.

Costco has a decent price for K Comp, and I like it better than the blue bag, except for long cooks.
I really want to use lump, but the consistent size of briqs, and long burn time just suits me better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
I really want to use lump, but the consistent size of briqs, and long burn time just suits me better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I get 16-18 hrs out of a full packed ring of lump, how much longer burn time are you looking for?
icon_eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back