Tri Tip withdrawals

Costco in most areas of the country stopped selling tri-tips a couple years ago. Cooked a 2.5 lb from TJs last evening. $6.99/lb, but I'm not a huge fan of the quality of meat from TJs. It was not as tender as I like. But much cheaper to buy and easy to find.

Last edited:
Costco in most areas of the country stopped selling try-tips a couple years ago. Cooked a 2.5 lb from TJs last evening. $6.99/lb, but I'm not a huge fan of the quality of meat from TJs. It was not as tender as I like. But much cheaper to buy and easy to find.

Tri-tip is available at costco in duuth, ga but only marinated I have seen, rosemary and garlic, or steakhouse. Last weekend Kroger also had them, plain and several different flavors, but I didn't see them there tonight when I went to grab some coal.

Your TJ's must get different TT's then ours.
The TT at my local TJ's were large chunks and did not resemble a tri tip at all.

I'll have to keep checking, maybe I'll get lucky.
I've bought tri-tip at TJ's all over the country. They have always been the same. Look for whole tri-tips. They usually have plenty, marinated and plain (I prefer the plain as well). Some TJ's also sell tri-tip steaks, i.e., tri-tip that has been further cut into steaks. But I have never been to one that does not sell them whole.

Tri-tip is available at costco in duuth, ga but only marinated I have seen, rosemary and garlic, or steakhouse. Last weekend Kroger also had them, plain and several different flavors, but I didn't see them there tonight when I went to grab some coal.

Justin, Dekalb Farmer's Market in Decatur has CAB Trip Tips for $5.99/lb.

Back