tri-tip and brisket

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris O
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris O

Can I cook both at the same time? I've read tri-tip should be cooked at 350-375 but can I cook it lower or should I put it in my weber kettle grill?

They each need entirely different cook ranges and will suffer if not cooked in the correct range. Yes, I think you should do your tri-tip in the kettle.

Sounds like some great meat is on the way.

Paul

Help Please.

I am somewhat new to this and live near Buffalo, New York. I am not sure if it is a geographical thing, but can someone tell me what Tri-Tip is. Is it called something different in different areas. If not, where can I find this meat. I am always eager to try new things. Its got my senses tingling.

Thanks in advance /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

D M,

Try this link . It's a good place to start, and a search for "tri-tip" at the top of the page brought up 54 hits. Hope this helps.

Dave,

Haven't looked but had planned to. Sam's up in Niagara Falls doesn't have them displayed (nor do they display their boston butts) butt /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I haven't asked them if they're kept in the back. I'm sure you can get them through a butcher though. And the local butchers here are EXPENSIVE! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I went over there, but did not see any tri-tip. The place was a mad house ( I will never go there again on a Saturday afternoon). The line to talk to a butcher was way to long. They did have butts at 1.39 per pound, but I get them at Budweys for .98 per pound. I walked across the parking lot to SYSCO to check there. They do not carry them. I was able to get some gourmet lump at SYSCO. BJ's has the 48# pack of Kingsford for $10.83. I will check out Niagara County produce this week when I'm out there. They always have a great selection of meats. I am going to check Latina's too. I know I can probaly get it at Shawnee meat market, but I know it would cost me dearly. Shawnee has its own smokehouse, and has the best hot dogs in the area. They are home made with no fillers.

Wow, two WNY'ers... That is great. Went to Wegmans on NF blvd, had 2 butts for .74 a pound, not too bad... Todays special only

Dennis, what is your experience with the lump from sysco. I would have never thought to check
out Budwey's.... How about their other meat?

Also, what about the shawnee meat market. Too expensive in your opinion? Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Shawnee is a 3rd generation meat market. I went there on a school field trip back in 1961. They showed us how the hot dogs were made. Their prices are higher than Federal or any similar meat market. They do have a smokehouse on site, and are always happy to talk about it. On Thursdays you can get a whole smoked chicken for about $6.00, but get there early or pre order one in advance. They are located near the corner of Niagara Falls Blvd & Erie Ave. on the North Tonawanda/Wheatfield border. If you go down Erie to NFB you can see them just across the intersection. Oops..almost forgot...the hot dogs are the best I have ever had, all natural, no fillers and smoked on site.

Great advice on the Hot Dogs Dennis... Even though they are only tube steaks they were awesome. I also picked up some fresh polish sausage to smoke this coming weekend. Let me know of any experience you have with it. I was gonna do a 225* smoke for obout 2 hours with some apple wood.

Its amazing that I live about 3 miles from there and have never noticed the place. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back