Trend thermometer #33 = 33040 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am dealing with a Canadian dealer , - wow ! - found this site in Alberta, they are selling the thermometer below for $29.35 Canadian ! - that's about $20 US funds.

I have mentioned 2 times to the gentleman that I wanted a model #33, but he seems to be drawing a blank.... he has a model 33040.

He email is below, can anyone make heads or tails of this for me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

any help, or thoughts appreciated.
Mark.

here is his email:

Mark,
We have in stock a 33040 Trend thermometer, 3" dial, 1/2" back connection,
SS case, 4" stem, 50-500 degrees F/C dual scale.
Your cost is $29.35 plus GST. We accept Visa or Mastercharge.
Regards,
Ron Becker

From what I can glean at Trend's parent company's website, www.wika.com, that-- 33040-- is the number for the TI.33 (Trend Industries 33), and matches the specs you have there.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your post, I was refresing the screen every 2 mins to see if anyone was out there today hehe.

Ok so if you give it approval I'm going to go over one of them /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I also wonder this Doug, do you think it would be good to mount one of those on the side of the WSM ? ... about midway down the middle cylinder ?

I see everybody mounting one on the hood, but what about a permanent one in the middle ? is this overkill ? .... It could be... I just wonder if anyone has ever done that ... hmm....

Btw, at $29.99 Canadian for the thermometer that is very inexpensive, Americans should be ordering from Canada, - at only $20 approx, you guys are walking away laughing ! vs the $34.95 price they have on the bbq site that I've seen posted for $34 .95 ( $35 American is about $50 Canadian so it's a great deal for us up here )

Mark
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

At that price, if I wanted one, I would give it a shot. The face might say Wika when you get it, but I feel pretty sure you're getting what you're after.

I'm the wrong guy to ask about mounting another one lower down. If I'm anything, I'm too cheap/chicken to go drilling a hole in my WSM. I'm plenty happy with my little Weber thermo-- which I know is accurate-- poked thru the bolt-hole under the top grate. I'll be satisfied to extrapolate from it as to what temp my lower grate is cooking at. What you're asking has been done. See the Tips & Mods section for Mounting a Thermometer, and scroll all the way down.

Rick, I would tend to agree that 040 = 4" stem.

Hi Doug,

thanks.

Btw, you say you poke the thermo thru a hole where a bolt goes... are you saying you removed a bolt do to this ?

I got my WSM last Friday but it's covered now and has a tarp over it and all tied up, have yet had the chance to use it.... tell me more about how you put your thermometer in there.... I put all bolts on and didn't see any extra holes from what i remember... so I'm puzzled where you found a hole to put the thermometer in.

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBQ Mark:
[qb] Hi Doug,

thanks.

Btw, you say you poke the thermo thru a hole where a bolt goes... are you saying you removed a bolt do to this ?[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, I use a method contributed by Don Hilliard, the details of which can also be seen at the bottom of the Mounting a Thermometer page.

Hi Doug,

that's pretty neat ! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

So you use the same existing hold made to hold the bracket, but are able to insert a thermo but also retain the integrity of the bracket by using those clamps, amazing little trick ! oh and no need to drill, - pretty nice !

Mark.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Doug,

I was just checking the specs on the link ou gave me several posts above ( www.wika.com)
and that TI.33 model shows an image of the thing only going up to 200 degrees F.

Do you think they just made a mistake with the image ? .... they have specs on the page, but there are so many of them my head is spinning.

thanks in advance,

Mark.

That image is an example for several available configurations. Scroll down to the link in the second column, three rows up from the bottom. That's your desired model. The guy in Alberta spelled out the specs of the unit he has, which is the one you want.

Hi Doug,

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me, appreciated :-) Just wanted some reassurance I guess.

I have contacted the guy and hope he gets back to me today, told him I wanted one for sure.

Now I need a stepdrill.

I was thinking it's too bad somebody who had one and would never use it again could mail it to guys like us who need it, and charge us $5 a pop to use it, when we finish we mail it back to him.

I guess in a dream world that would be nice, but in reality it wouldn't but it was a thought I had hehe. Kind of like using woodworking tools at the local highschool... it was nice to take one home for the weekend, just write your name down, use it for a few days and then take it back.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back