Trade smoke wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mason

TVWBB All-Star
Was wondering if anyone in the Puget Sound area would be interested in trading some smoke wood. All I have is cherry (quite a bit in smoke wood terms, not much at all in offset stick burner terms /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ).

I'd be interested in apple or other fruit or nut wood.

John,I can get peach wood but I believe ups is $20 to WA for 22 lbs. May need a more local swap. I like your idea though.

Come to my house in Dallas and get all the pecan wood you can chop. I'd sure like some free cherry but shipping is a bear.

John---
Don't you have any alder????? I personally find this not only good w/salmon, but pork and beef also..... You should be able to pick up some locally, but if not, let me know and the next time we go to our vacation home in Hoodsport, perhaps we can meet somewhere along I-5 or 101 and do a trade!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks guys! If I ever get to Charlotte or Dallas I'll make sure to bring some cherrywood. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Funny, I never even thought of alder and I have alder chips for my electric smoker, doh! Next time you head to Hoodsport, Tom, let me know. I'd be interested in a trade. <mason_joxxx@xxxnetzero.com>remove the x's

i have nothing to trade but would be interested in buying some cherry off you. i may be able to score some apple from my moms house. i wonder if she would notice if her apple tree was missing /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

Monty, don't be doing the George Washinton thing.
Your mom will likely find a hickory switch and tan your hide.
Better. Ask her if you can prune her tree to help promote the fruit production. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Monty, pruning is a good idea. Anything about an inch or larger in diameter will work.

Email me and maybe we can work something out. <mason_joxxx@xxxnetzero.com> remove the x's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back