Touring recommendations for a visit to Charlotte NC

Darren Lebner

TVWBB All-Star
We'll be in the area for a week in about a month's time. Other than dining, what are good sites and attractions to visit? Willing to drive the distance if it's worth it.

Thanks.

If you want a great burger, hit Bad Daddies Burger Bar. They are a chain now but the original restaurant is fantastic. Its at 1626 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203. My daughter used to go to college near there and it was always a stop when we visited.

Sorry for the dining suggestion. Its worth the visit.

If you haven't been there, my advice would be to take at least a day, maybe a weekend to Great Smoky Mountains National park. You can drive around for hours looking at many places or stop and take a hike or two into some of the wonderful interior. I have spent years doing all of the above include in weeklong backpack end to end on the Appalachian Trail from Davenport Gap to Fontana Dam. My favorite places include the Clingman's Dome tower, Cades Cove, Cataloochee Valley, and even Cherokee Reservation. There are also a number of perimeter dirt/gravel roads that give a good interior look drivable several hours at a time.

Back