TOTALLY CONFUSED (or just stupid!)

Thanks A.Vale, I do have a wired network but I will keep that info as eventually I probably will want to smoke somewhere other than near a connection. I have a buffalo back-up drive that is great, so I am familiar with their quality. I will download Amir's software tonight as I am sure I will have questions about it. Thanks for everything and I will stay in touch. On your next e-mail (if you want) please tell me your first name so I don't keep calling you "A.Vale".

John, there are a bunch of people who will help you with everything. So no worries there.

BTW, my program has a simulation mode. So you can "cook" with it, without a fire
icon_smile.gif
. Gives you something to do while waiting for the real thing.

O.K. Alan & Amir, I had guessed it stood for Alan. Amir, I tried to download your software and had to download a .NET program. I still can't figure out how to open your software. Sorry, but I am doing something wrong. I will keep trying as I really want to play around with it and use it when I get my Stoker. Any hints would be appreciated. Probably something stupid I am doing???

Amir & Alan,

everytime I try to open the software I get a "repair or remove" screen. I click on repair and the software says it installs, then it just goes back to my desktop and I get nothing? What am I doing wrong (besides being stupid)???

John,
Congrats on your purchase. I was one of the fortunate ones to win a Stoker in the essay writing contest. I have found the Stoker to be extremely reliable, and with Amir's program, you have a combination that will provide many satisfying sessions with your WSM. The 5 CFM fan is plenty for the WSM. On 220-250 cooks, you will want to leave the top vent only open about 25%. On 350 cooks, open the top vent all the way. Be careful on high heat cooks as you can melt the probe wires if you take the lid off too long. As Amir stated, there are plenty of people that will help you with any questions you have.

Thanks Todd,

Good to know that the 5 CFM fan is all I need. Tried Amir's program (simulation mode) today and it looks great. He has done a beautiful job! Thanks for the "openings" on the top, that is critical, I know. I don't intend to do high temp cooks as I have a propane grill (DCS) that I use for steaks etc.. Hope to talk to you (and the rest) soon. I know now that I won't get the Stoker until Tuesday due to Memorial Day. Again, it is great to know there are a lot of people (smokers) out there that are willing to help us (me) novices!

John Winner

Back