Torn between the EX6, MB 1050 & Chargriller 980

Just trying to be clear here, Carl said there may not be enough room on a E6/S6 and wasn't sure about the price.....something like that then bought a $1049 grill. I read the thread a few times but quickly........
So did we get a E6 and we are waiting for pictures?

One of us.
One of us.

:LOL:

Just trying to be clear here, Carl said there may not be enough room on a E6/S6 and wasn't sure about the price.....something like that then bought a $1049 grill. I read the thread a few times but quickly........
So did we get a E6 and we are waiting for pictures?

One of us.
One of us.

:LOL:
Yes, I got sucked in & bought the E6 as well as the new Masterbuilt 1050. The MB is a great smoker that can also grill (pretty good too) but not having a Weber grill handy for different cooks made my OCD kick in. Once I priced a 26' with the XL SnS I figured I was half way to the E6 price then once I started watching more video's, reading threads on various forums & my fondness for my previous Akorn kamado started to surface I decided to spend the money for the E6 as well!

Yes, I got sucked in & bought the E6 as well as the new Masterbuilt 1050. The MB is a great smoker that can also grill (pretty good too) but not having a Weber grill handy for different cooks made my OCD kick in. Once I priced a 26' with the XL SnS I figured I was half way to the E6 price then once I started watching more video's, reading threads on various forums & my fondness for my previous Akorn kamado started to surface I decided to spend the money for the E6 as well!
We will always provide and encourage you the best ways to spend money on grills and grilling. Now that we have done our service we expect to be paid back with lots of pictures of fantastic cooks. It's only fair as we did our part.

I’m betting it was my perfectly grilled sprouts that did it for you 🤣

I don' think you will regret you decision.
Your thoughts of not having enough room will quickly change.
Like Joe stated.......now you are in debt of delicious looking pictures for us to enjoy.
It also may have been the sprouts...lol

One of us.....
One of us.....

e Once I priced a 26' with the XL SnS I figured I was half way to the E6 price then once I started watching more video's, reading threads on various forums & my fondness for my previous Akorn kamado started to surface I decided to spend the money for the E6 as well!
Yep; here in Costa Rica a 26" Weber Kettle will cost around $550 and then add another $300 for the SNS XL plus Costa Rica Custom Duties and Shipping Costs. A Weber E-6 will set you back around $1400.

Thanks guys, I'm super excited for it. The other motivation for getting it was that we have a fall seasonal camp site & I'm thinking that I can bring the E6 there so I can do some overnight smoking that my current 22" with a SnS doesn't allow me.

I have to admit when I finally found one to see in person I quickly realized that you guy's were right & I could probably fit most everything that I wanted to make at the same time on there. It's really shocking how much of a difference there is with a full grate of 24" vs a 22" with a SnS or even a 26" with the SnS nevermind my old 20" Kamado.

@CarlB, now the real question begins. what's going to be your first cook? you only have one first. make it special. welcome to the club.

i do wish @Chris Allingham would create a forum group heading for Weber Summit Charcoal grills (WSCs and Weber Kamados in a single heading) so we would have a more concise place to look for user info. just a suggestion.... (please) :cool:

The other motivation for getting it was that we have a fall seasonal camp site & I'm thinking that I can bring the E6 there so I can do some overnight smoking that my current 22" with a SnS doesn't allow me.
I would think that a WSM would be a better pick for travel as it breaks down to be very light and portable for smoking.

Back