Tool for Pulling Pork ?-saw it on the BBQ/Chili challenge.

One team, I think it was Mad Mamma, was using a tool to help pull their pork.

It was like brass knuckles with pronglike extensions (bad, bad desrciption) worn on each hand.

Anyone know what they were, or where to buy them ?

Anyone use these? Are they useful?

I have a brother and sister N Law Live probobly 5 miles from hawgeyes. Another one of my sister N Laws from here is going to visit them next week. I am getting a list going. I am definately wanting some pecan wood. I guess I need to add this to the list.

If you use them right, they are ok.

What I dislike about them is that you can't feel the meat. IMHO, they are only good for what the picture on the package shows...Picking up something soft and hot.

If you use em, be careful not to macerate your product, and don't ignore your fingers.
Remember that the 'Bear Paws' can't "tell" you where a big chunk of sineu is...like your fingers can. The people eating the product will remember that kind of stuff.

If you want a totally shredded end-product, forks or bear claws will give you what you want. If you want thumb-sized chunks with a bit of bark on the end of each, you need some PVC-coated or neoprene gloves.

Well I guess my experience has been different or I'm just doing it wrong. To be pulled into goups of a few strands, I always have to use ungloved hands. I prefer this to large clumps of strands, but it is time consuming.

Paul

Back