TOOK EVERYONES ADVICE

SCOTT DOWNS

I took everyones advice on the smokng some ribs this weekend. I used the Minion Method and let the fire settle in with about 3 apple wood chunks. The fire sat for about 1.5 hours before it settled in and stopped smoking white. I cooked the ribs for 6 hours at about 250. Basted them with a spray of apple cider every few hours. OHHHH man were they good. The best I ever cooked. You guys were right the fire needs to settle in before you cook. You cant rush this stuff. Smokin takes times.

IM in Chicago,IL. I Just cooked them whole. IM going to try some diffrent styles this weekend. IM looking for something spicy. Any suggestions for Ribs?????

I don't know if you have tried the britu recipe yet but it has a kick. I add another teaspoon of hot pepper powder such as dried tabasco or dried super chili hybrid, which is my favorite pepper. I have added the rub quite heavily and it is really good but I am going to try the way Kevin says and apply the salt then the rub. When I apply the rub heavy it is just a bit salty for me. I started backing off on the rub and my friends all complained.
icon_wink.gif

Yes I used a rib rack. I really don't think IM going to use one the next time. Seems like they stick and very hard to baste. I might stack them up next time.

Back