Too many ribs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can too many ribs really be a problem? Well, yes...

I have to cook 4 racks one day next week. I can only buy bb ribs at Sams in packs of 3. So I'll have two racks left over. Would it be better to cook all 6 and freeze 2 or freeze 2 before I cook them?

I'll be doing BRITU, by the way.

Thanks.

I would vote to freeze the two extras before cooking. I think they'll be better defrosted and cooked than defrosted and warmed up.

Tom,

I agree with Paul...freeze the 2 extra racks BEFORE cooking. Wrap them, individually, in plastic wrap and make sure that the wrap is touching all the meat. By having this barrier between meat and air, you will get no freezer burn.

Of course if you plan to eat them within a couple of weeks freezer burn is not a problem.

I have bought ribs in the three packs in the past and have wrapped them precooked individually without any problem. Ive also tried putting a light coating of rub on them before freezing and have had good results. Although I have seen some posts here from people that have said putting rub on before freezing gives too strong a flavor on the finished product.

Cook all six and let me know what time to be over for dinner. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back