Tonights Fish

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
In our local market yesterday, spotted some Cobia. Due to past experience, and not having EVER seen any around here, I HAD to get some, and cook it up!

Grilled a 1-1/2 lb fillet, in a clamshell grill basket, after marinating it for about an hour in Kevin's Mojo Criollo recipe (with the oil) link here:

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...820052713#1820052713 Thanks again for posting it, Mr. K!

Fish was nice an firm, flaky, and light - with hints of citrus and spice. Cooked it on my gasser, but have to admit - it would've been better if kissed with a little charcoal.

Served it with a simple garden salad, doctored-up with craisins and sliced seasonal veggies.

To drink - a bottle of 2009 Wollersheim Winery Prairie Fume. This was a really nice, light, crisp medium sweet/dry white wine from a Wisconsin winery.

Yeah yeah, I know - pics....
(I guess I NEED to set-up a photobucket or some other source account. I'll get around to it eventually, but words will have to do for now.)

If you ever get a chance to cook and eat some FRESH cobia - Do not pass it up! (It's even more fun to CATCH, but that's another story.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">local market yesterday, spotted some Cobia. Due to past experience, and not having EVER seen any around here, I HAD to get some, and cook it up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I absolutely love Cobia and buy it whenever my local fish guy has it. I also have a friend that gives me some every time he goes out and catches some. If any of you have never treid it, get some when you can.

Ray

Cobia is a great tasting fish and a nice fight on the line! Been years since I caught one since everyone has moved here and overfishes the place.

Yeah, yeah, cobia, blah blah...WOLLERSHEIM WINE!!! Prairie Fume is always stocked )heavily) in our wine stable. It's my favorite white I think, especially in the summer. The other Woller's we have had have been good, the River Gold is pretty tasty too.

Back