Tonight's B&B

Dan N.

TVWBB Pro
15 1/2 lb brisket on the bottom and an 8 lb butt on top. No way will this brisket fit on a WSM. At least 5" too long. What I did with the brisket was to fold the flat end up and insert with bamboo skewers. There is very little meat now over the "heat" edge. I saved the fat from the trimming and tucked under any piece of meat that may still be close to the edge.

Will let you know how it turned out. (do I have a doubt)!!!!!!!!!!

Brisket came from Sam's. Put them on at 6:30 last night. Sand in pan. Reloaded with Royal Oak lump (unlit) at midnight. It is now 3:30 the next day and it is still running at 200.

The end of the flat came out great not being exposed to the direct heat from the edge of the pan. The fat really helped too.

Pulled the brisket at 9 AM (after being wrapped in foil for 2 hours) and the butt came off at 10.

Put a fatty on for snacks after pulling everything. Really good, but kinda salty (used Texas BBQ rub for pork).

Have a great Mem'l Day weekend. Wanted to sign up for the cook tomorrow, but I thought I was going to have to move my daughter down in Chicago (now I have to drive down on Weds). I think tri-tip tomorrow so I will be thinking about everyone.

Back