Tom's Southern Sauteed Greens & Onions

Tom Wilson

Greens of greens of choice...I like all Greens Collards, Mustard, Chard, Dandelion, Spinach and Onions. I nearly always just combine some of all the greens I have on hand. Then for color and flavor I ad any other vegetables I have on hand.

One medium heat either using grease from whatever meat I'm cooking...sometimes I use bacon grease, coconut oil, or olive oil. To that depending on what meat they will be accompanying I add either organic Beef or Chicken Broth and Kirkland Brand Balsamic Vinegar. I do not measure, but I just eye ball it and make sure it is not more liquid then can be absorbed by the greens and vegetables. At the end right before placing them in a serving dish I generously apply and mix in Trader Joe's 21 seasoning Salute. Sometimes to give them a little tang when I my plate I sprinkle a bit of wine vinegar on them to give them a little more contrast from the savory main dish.

All my family and friends always want me to fix "those greens of yours." At work my coworkers always ask me for a taste of my greens.

I suspect that using garlic flavored olive oil as the oil source would be excellent as well. I'm not sure why, because I really like garlic, but I've not tried this yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I sprinkle a bit of wine vinegar on them to give them a little more contrast from the savory main dish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tom,

I do the same thing often, and sometimes I use some "hot pepper / chili sesame oil instead. Kicks it up a bit.

Ray

Back