Today's Facebook Marketplace Scoop - Q2400 for $20 with OEM Cart

Marty in Toronto

TVWBB Member
I picked up a clean Q2400 with the OEM Weber rolling cart today for $20 CAD.
I have absolutely no use for the electric BBQ but for $20 I couldn't resist.
The only thing wrong is the cart is missing the decorative panel that sits in front and hides the contents of the cart.

Is it normal that the BBQ takes more time to heat up vs its propane equivalent?

I am thinking of selling the BBQ and keeping the cart for a Q200 I picked up a couple of years ago for $25 CAD with no cart.

Yep, they take longer to heat up. I personally don't recomend them unless you live in a "no open flame" apartment, condo or association. They cook fine, but they are not as easy to clean up.

$20 CAD is a steal as long as it works and you don't have to replace the grates. Clean it up a bit and resell it. You should be able to get $150 to $200 US for it.

I bought a used one for my mother-in-law who is afraid of propane. It does take longer to heat up and you don’t want to open the lid too often as it takes longer to recover. It is not great at high heat searing but she said it gave way more flavour than her George Foreman indoor grill. I tried it on some frozen chicken patties and it wasn’t half bad.

8FC37B30-228E-4843-97E5-3C91B31CCAFC.jpegE0AC2062-3D92-4558-AD30-FBDFDBCDC522.jpeg

Back