'Tis the season

For Wisconsin, usually early April and things are busy for a couple months before they slow some. Then just before or after the big summer holidays you see a bit of surge. Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. After labor day, thing slow down quite a bit for selling grills, but there are still people selling off their old grills or pushing them to the curb so they don't have to store them for another winter.

Middle of April through the 2nd week of June is prime turnover season here in Upstate NY. Pricing on the used ones seem to climb steadily during this time as well, unfortunately. I usually find my best deals around Labor Day. I've picked up a lot of pieces free or on the cheap from folks who just don't want to clean and store their old grill through the winter when they've already made up their mind to get a new one next season.

Middle of April through the 2nd week of June is prime turnover season here in Upstate NY. Pricing on the used ones seem to climb steadily during this time as well, unfortunately. I usually find my best deals around Labor Day. I've picked up a lot of pieces free or on the cheap from folks who just don't want to clean and store their old grill through the winter when they've already made up their mind to get a new one next season.
Im michigan after labor day is also big, new grills for football/tailgate season

It looks like the grill market is a seasonal thing and tied to the weather. In areas that don't have large seasonal weather changes (SoCal), it's more of a continuous process, although I think after watching the market for the past couple of years that we don't get the amount or variety of used gas grills seen in other parts of the US, and used charcoal grills seem to be the hot commodity in my area. Also, grill sales seem to slow down as the price approaches $200, so I think there are very few flippers in this area (could be wrong about that). One thing I do know is that, sooner or later, they will all sell at some point.

Many (or most) apartment buildings don't permit either charcoal or propane grills in my area.

Back