This one seems like a great deal - Santa Cruz, CA

Well, my assumption is that if he isn't responding any longer, he has a buyer. He is just waiting for the guy to pick it up or it might actually be sold and gone but he just hasn't bothered to take down the post.
Yeah, I take my CL ads down as soon as I have a buyer. Sometimes CL inquiries can be off the hook and overly annoying. But I use text, never email because I want the dang item gone quickly.

Yeah, I take my CL ads down as soon as I have a buyer. Sometimes CL inquiries can be off the hook and overly annoying. But I use text, never email because I want the dang item gone quickly.
I sent another email, we’ll see.

Everyone should take down their post after they have a buyer, but it just doesn't happen in many cases.
I have bought grills and other stuff off CL and FB MP many times and still see the adds up for them weeks later.

Bruce I can’t believe you didn’t keep that beauty.

I hate Craigslist, I’ve sold several high dollar guitars on CL and it brings out some serious nut jobs.

Bruno: I thought really hard on that. I did force myself to use it one time, before I cleaned it up, just to say I have cooked on one. But that thing is enormous. I think they are 26" and I did some chicken wings on it. I dumped a good half bag of charcoal in it and lit it with the gas assist. Then I spread the coals out and they barely covered the bottom coal grate. By the end of the cook, the coals were all but used up.
I just don't cook for large groups and to try too cook for 2-4 people on that thing would have been over kill. Plus, I just covet the convenience of gas.

20210905-648pm.jpg20210905-628pm.jpg

Oh, I have to say that if I ever found a 22" or even 18" Summit Coal burner, I would probably keep it. Yah, I know they don't exist.
I am not a seasoned coal burner guy, but I have done a little cooking on them. I was truly impressed on the quality and performance of the Summit coal burner.

Bruno: I thought really hard on that. I did force myself to use it one time, before I cleaned it up, just to say I have cooked on one. But that thing is enormous. I think they are 26" and I did some chicken wings on it. I dumped a good half bag of charcoal in it and lit it with the gas assist. Then I spread the coals out and they barely covered the bottom coal grate. By the end of the cook, the coals were all but used up.
I just don't cook for large groups and to try too cook for 2-4 people on that thing would have been over kill. Plus, I just covet the convenience of gas.

View attachment 43891View attachment 43893
24” and you used way too much coal and should have used the coal baskets for that cook, IMO. I could cook what you have there in 3/4 a full chimney with briq or lump. It’s not a traditional kettle.

Back