Thermapen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Lewis

TVWBB Super Fan
After doing a little shopping around for an instant read meat thermometer, I just ordered the "Super-Fast Thermapen" from Thermoworks. Its supposed to give you accurate internal temp reading in less than 4 seconds and measure the temp in thin meats 1/4 inch thick. This is an upgraded version of the "Thermapen" and is supposed to be faster and have a smaller needle tip than the original. Has anyone had any experience with this product?

Yep, I bought it last month when I bought my WSM. It's fantastic! Big, easy to read numbers and fast as lightning. Comes in snazzy colors too (I got the blue). And they ship promptly.

Dave

Yes, I have the 4 second version and it is one fine product. It certainly has applications which go well beyond the WSM. The price also makes you a little careful about where you lay it down.

Paul

Jim, they are actually made in the UK and Thermoworks is only US distributer for them. There are probably UK or European sources that may be cheaper or at least cheaper shipping. Just search the internet for "thermapen"

YES!! A fantastic product! A little pricey but in my mind well worth it. So nice to lift the lid and not have to wait around for other thermo's to come up to temp.

At the chili cook-offs thermo's are required...the health dept. comes around and checks the holding temp of your chili....IF you are giving it to the public.

It's great to use on all your meats and baking applications.

I got mine from King Arthur's Flour company. At the time, they offered free shipping....worth checking out.

I bought one last summer and love it.
Not the cheapest therm in the world but
I think it is well worth the accuracy and
more importantly the speed.
Nice product.

Just recieved my new Thermapen, it works great!!

RonW. from New Orleans

Ron,

Just got mine a month ago - and as the other folks have mentioned - it is a VERY nice tool. I've used mine on 2 cooks, and love it.

Good luck. -Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back