Thermapen 30 days later

I use one of these
icon_smile.gif

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/ir/irpro.html

I don't exactly need it, but love good tools for the job. I like the upper range on this for brick ovens, bbq pits, etc.

Lower range is great for staying food safe while making sausages, charcuterie, etc

I just got an e-mail from Thermapen and they are haveing a big sale and the Thermapen is only $69 until March 23. You should be able to find this on their web site.
Ray

Looks like a new thermapen has just been released.

The All New Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen™

* 3-second readings!
* Improved accuracy and durability
* Water-resistant design
* Biomaster anti-bacterial additive
* °F to °C reconfigurable
* 0.1° resolution full range to 572°F
* Auto on/off—no buttons!
* 1,500 hour battery life

I was looking to buy a thermapen (and I felt like it was already too much to spend) and now this for about 20 dollars more.
I realize that if you already have one 'upgrading' wouldnt make sense, but if you are just buying one it does make for a difficult decision.

Buy the waterproof one. I'm on my second Thermopen as my first one died, and this one just went way out of range so I'll need to crack it open and do a manual calibration.

Dampness and humidity killed the first pen, and I suspect the same for my current one. If it gets a little damp or steamed up then it causes a film to form on the circuit boards which short it out. For that reason alone I would buy a waterproof pen, and I might have to if my current pen can't be fixed.

Back