The tastiest pizza pies in America

I'll take a well done, thin crust pizza any day of the week. I nominate Home Run Inn. I can get them frozen too, and they're still better than 99.99% of anything made fresh around here.

The best I ever tasted was Original Ray's by the west 4th street subway entrance were the street ball court is. As a young NYC Transit cop I would get a slice and watch the ballers on my dinner break. Truly a New York experience.

Hayden, I cant agree with you more. Thin and crispy with a cracker thin crust. I love a deep dish ever so often, but that's more for the tourists IMO. HRI is prolly one of the top 3 on the south-side.I grew up in that area, ya got any Chicago roots??

Tim

There's a chain around here that specializes in thin crust pizza. Brixx. Good stuff there! I'll nominate them. PLUS,a great selection on tap!
icon_biggrin.gif

There was a place in Chicago years ago that had their own idea of what pizza should be like. They wrapped thin crust cheese pizza around an Italian sausage. It was great. They were called Jumbo Johns. Wish they were still around. It is easy enough to try this at home.

Back