The stoker can now Tweet!

Just tried the upgrade.
Web page no longer displays correctly (data is shifted one column to the left) and it will not find a blower. And windows is showing an error on the stoker webpage.
Error is ...
Line: 135
Char: 1
Error: 'sw_data(...)1'is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http//192.168.1.105/index.html

Stokerlog does not show anything. It connects but does not show temp or blower.

Everything works correctly on the stoker itself. It displays temp and will identify and operate the blower.

I'll give Rocks a call on monday. Anyone have any ideas??? I did try to reinstall the update .. no change.

Well guys my Stoker didn't Tweet and then I found out Stokerlog doesn't work with this beta version (as D and Amir mentioned) so about 1 hour and 6 or 7 beers into my cook I decide to load the old release version of firmware. 5 minutes later everything is back to normal. Remember, it's beta guys.

New version of beta firmware up that fixed the issues when using Stokerlog. If someone applies it and it works please let us know.

updated to 2.6.0.193, blowers are all back, stokerlog is working fine.
But the twitter is not posting. (I am new to twitter and have a new account set up)
I filled in the twitter info at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/twitter.html and got the successful page, returned to the main page then rebooted the stoker ... but no messages show up on my twitter page. Any ideas???

First, during a simple test I clocked 39 minutes between power on and my first Tweet with a 30 minute periodic setting (after that it was every 30 minutes pretty much on the dot). You may want to try 5 minute intervals first and then give it a half hour to see if it actually does anything. Also remember to refresh the Twitter page if you're new to Twitter. You can also download TweetDeck which will update once a minute automatically (and generally has a bunch of cool features to boot).

If it still doesn't work, doublecheck your username and password for the Twitter account. If you've got a big setup you may also be exceeding the max character count for a Tweet, but I had two pit probes and four food probes and had plenty of space. Obviously, if your Stoker isn't connected to the Internet it won't be able to Tweet (but you don't need to be able to access it from the Internet if you don't have port forwarding enabled, it only needs to send out to the Internet and not receive). Beyond that, Larry and I had a similar issue with the old firmware and no Tweets so maybe there's still a quirk.

I've requested that Kaytat add a few diagnostic tools like an account verification button and forcing an immediate Tweet to help troubleshoot, but those are more useful in betas than they are in the final release when it should just work.
icon_smile.gif

OK ...
double checked passwords, yes conected to internet, yes I refreshed the tweeter webpage, set tweeter for 5 min, let stoker run for 30+ min .. no tweets.

I started stokerlog, everything ran fine except right at 5 min I got an error <span class="ev_code_RED">(Telnet: input stream corrupt (1))</span>
I then shut off tweeter and re-started stokerlog and it has been running for 15 minutes no errors. I can reproduce the error simply by turning on tweeter and running stokerlog together.

Back