the cookin is underway -- help!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I've got the baby backs on...and can't get the heat down to the target 238. I've pulled off some of the coals, made sure the cooker's in the shade, and I've already placed the cool water in the pan.....Any suggestions.....currently the cookers around 250 and it's burnin me up!
Thanks/////

I don't think 250 is going to kill your ribs.
Close the bottom vents for a while and take off the lid if 238 is so critical. Oh and don't forget today is the full moon so calm down and let everyone else go crazy.

Have a beer,
Steve

[This message has been edited by NJ Steve (edited 09-03-2001).]

Preciate the calming advice....After several beers it won't matter anyway....I'm hoping for tasty ribs, though.....what is the target temp you shoot for when ribbing...SAM

Close the bottom vents.
Burp the lid by tilting it open for 1-2 seconds and then putting it back on.
In my experience 250 is fine. If it gets hotter than your ribs will be done sooner. After they are done you can always foil them and put them in a cooler to hold the moisture in.

After closing your bottom vents....

Don't be afraid to close the top vent PARTIALLY!! I had to do this for several years because of some out of round problems....MY fault, not Weber's.

This will quickly bring the temp down and you shouldn't have to worry about a "dirty" fire.

I know the conventional wisdom says keep top vent open at all times, but you CAN close it down and all will be fine.

Stogie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back