The Bottom Line??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

TVWBB All-Star
I guess my question is when to start.

I lite 1 chimmney and let it ash over
Then I pour a second unlit chimmney over the first with somke wood and let that ash
Then assemble the cooker and then...???

Put meat on immediatley or wait for 30min or an hour or what?

Just want to make sure I am doing it right forthe next time...although I will be most likely using the Minion method next time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
I guess my question is when to start.

I lite 1 chimmney and let it ash over
Then I pour a second unlit chimmney over the first with somke wood and let that ash
Then assemble the cooker and then...???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I add water to the water pan and close up the cooker. I then watch the temp top out at about 450* with my bottom vents open about 1/3 each. When the temp declines to about 325*, I then put the meat on and then allow the temperature to rebound awhile before making further-- and hopefully final-- vent adjustments. I usually don't have to, and I'm typically at 250* cooking temp (where I prefer to be) 9 times out of ten.

I only use the MM on butts, or when I will be cooking 12-14 hours, as opposed to 5 or 6. A lot of people here use MM on every cook, but, as Minion himself says, techniques are like tools-- use the right tool for the right job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back