The best ribs I ever tasted this weekend

Rick Soliman

TVWBB Pro
I was unable to obtain the exact recipe but here is what he told me. My neighbor claims he had 5 slabs of baby backs he rubed three of them with Lowerys seasoned salt and two with Fat Terrys Rub from a local BBQ restrant in Joliet. Next before he cut them he put on Sweet Baby Rays Hot and Spicy then cooked for a few minutes and sliced all the ribs, and left them in a pile on the grill constantly turning. Just before he took them off he again put on the Sauce.

Now during this whole time he has a yellowish mixtre in a spry bottle and was spraying the ribs constantly. He must have used a quart of this stuff. His brother told me it had water, vineger, and Lemon Juice in it. But I cant be sure and he wont give it up.

He did all of this on an old gas Charbroil grill in about an hour. And I was upset because I did mine on the WSM the day before and mine didnt every compare other than mine were much more tender.

I need to know what was in the bottle because I dont think it was his rub.

I don't know about Ray's, but the spares I did Sunday were done with pineapple juice. Just sprayed with the juice 3 times the last 3 hours, and the last hour, used KC m-piece sauce with pineapple juice, rub and a little honey in it. Simmered the sauce for a short time to make sure it all blended well. It made for some sweet/spicey ribs. Family loved it, but it was close to being to sweet for me with the honey in it.

Rick, here's a suggestion: Invite your neighbor over and fix him a beer can chicken or another recipe you're willing to give up and see if he will come off of that info for you. If he doesn't, after eating your delectable dish, how good of a neighbor can he be?
icon_smile.gif

Work it bro!

Back