The best BBQ Pit

Jim N

TVWBB Member
This subject has probably been tossed around more than once, but I'll throw it out there again. I have always been faithful to my Webers, but I'm still looking for bigger & better ways to stay one up on the BBQing neighbors.

I ran across a local distributor of Lyfe Tyme smoker/grills. I would appreciate any input all of you have to offer. They're pricey, but I'd pay it if there were significant benefits.

icon_biggrin.gif
That, too,
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'd like a bigger one for more room to lay ribs down flat to smoke. While the WSM can hold a good amount, I don't like to roll trimmed spares, and the rib rack works well, but I still prefer them laying flat. I'm still talking to someone in my shop at work who made a smoker out of the home heating oil tank. A cut here and there, some welding, and he has a nice smoker.

There are lot of good choices, the ones above but there is also bates, Good One, Fast Eddies Pellet cookers, Southern Yankee, Backwoods and Spicewine to name a few. No matter what you choose you need to learn the pit and the techniques to make it work as designed.

Bigger isn't better but it lets you cook more product.

For me it's the end product that counts, "That is the bragging rights", the rest is window dressing.

Jim

Back