The 26er club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Christmas came early this year. The other day I took delivery of a 26.75. It was sent to me by fellow member B.Wise and traveled all the way from Carolina. I have only had time for small cooks on it so far, but I can already see the extra room will come in handy. Here are a few pictures. I hope to see some of yours as well. Thanks again Brad!

Made a pizza last night. This thing is roomy! That's a 16 incher!
icon_eek.gif

Welcome to the club! I'm gonna have to try a pizza on mine soon. Yours looks great! I'll be grilling a turkey for the first time on the 26er next week so I'll see how that turns out?? gobble gobble......

Welcome to the club!! I love mine too! I'm going to try doing pizza soon. Hopefully, mine turn out as great as yours!

Hey Shaun! glad to see the pics and very happy it made it to you safely. You have the most traveled grill on the tvwbb! glad to see you are already putting her to good use. still look forward to the sauce exchange. bw

Originally posted by B Wise:
Hey Shaun! glad to see the pics and very happy it made it to you safely. You have the most traveled grill on the tvwbb! glad to see you are already putting her to good use. still look forward to the sauce exchange. bw
Yes Sir, I will be sending some your way real soon. Maybe tomorrow. My family and I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

Your friend, Shaun

I just joined the club as well with a brand new one from craigslist.

Anyone care to give me a crash course in using this bad boy? Tips and tricks from seasoned vets?

So far I've done hot links, thin cut pork chops and some spare ribs on there. Other than the ribs I've been happy with the results so far!

Originally posted by Rich Janson:
I just joined the club as well with a brand new one from craigslist.

Anyone care to give me a crash course in using this bad boy? Tips and tricks from seasoned vets?

So far I've done hot links, thin cut pork chops and some spare ribs on there. Other than the ribs I've been happy with the results so far!

So you grabbed the one for $200 from the guy on the Westside? Nice buy for sure. Congrats on the score.

I was trying to get that one since the day it came out and the guy just played games with me.

Originally posted by Scott Guerber.:

So you grabbed the one for $200 from the guy on the Westside? Nice buy for sure. Congrats on the score.

I was trying to get that one since the day it came out and the guy just played games with me.

Might be a different guy, this one was listed at $150, I sweetened it to $175 and he delivered it that night.

Originally posted by Rich Janson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Guerber.:

Might be a different guy, this one was listed at $150, I sweetened it to $175 and he delivered it that night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's awesome. Great grill at a great price!

SO, I am part of the 26'er club now too. Man, this thing is a beast. I can't believe the weight difference between the 22.5 OTG. I am going to be making some roadside chicken tonight on this big boy to break it in.

004.jpg

Here it is with my new Maverick ET-732. I can't wait to use both!
003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Here he is checking out a red head
icon_smile.gif

005.jpg

OK. So I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a 26er for Christmas. I've got a Performer and love it, but would love a bigger grill for flipping steaks when we have company over.

Do you guys still like yours? (loaded question)

Originally posted by Justin W:
OK. So I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a 26er for Christmas. I've got a Performer and love it, but would love a bigger grill for flipping steaks when we have company over.

Do you guys still like yours? (loaded question)

Love it! I used my performer daily but now I am using the 26er for the extra room and just lighting coals on the performer. I cook for a family of 4 and it is nice to have the extra room sometimes on large cooks.

The larger amount of room looks wonderful. Stopped by a friend's house who had picked on up. I think I need to add this to the list after the 22" WSM.

I have heard on here a couple times regarding the weak leg/mount issue. My friend's wife had the garage door shut on his and it did bend the leg.

OK Fellas,
I got about 225 in Christmas money from various relatives so tonight I took the plunge and (after obviously applying some extra money) order the 27 inch kettle from Amazon. Should be here on Thursday with my wife's prime shipping trial. I've very excited.

Originally posted by Justin W:
OK Fellas,
I got about 225 in Christmas money from various relatives so tonight I took the plunge and (after obviously applying some extra money) order the 27 inch kettle from Amazon. Should be here on Thursday with my wife's prime shipping trial. I've very excited.

Congrats! You are going to love it. The extra room is so nice. I have been finding myself using the 26er more than my Performer lately. Post some pics when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back