That'll be the butt ,BOB... Chichen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Harvey

TVWBB Super Fan
I tried a very easy chicken recipe I thought I would share because it was quick, easy and delicious ... I read all the chicken recipes on this site and they sounded wonderful .... I am looking forward to cooking them as soon as possible.
This recipe is a variation of the Chicken On A Throne found on this site...
Take a whole young chicken, remove the guts (paper holding the liver, heart, gizard, etc,) and wash chicken throughly, removing all excess fat... Drink all but an inch of the beer from the can (don't waist it) an inch is really all you need.. poke several holes around the top half of the can ...( you don't have to cut the top off ) pour about a tablespoon of garlic powder in the beer can... Rub the chicken down good (inside and out) with seasoning salt and a touch of cayenne pepper ... Important tip==> Take the flap of skin around the neck and pin it with a tooth pick to the breast, covering the neck hole ... this will keep the beer steam in the chicken cavity... ( now be gentle ) push the beer can up the chicken's butt... and place it on the smoker with the chicken setting on the can... Use the legs to balance the chicken.
Cook it hot for about 2 hours... The chicken will balloon up like a football, turn golden brown and OMG taste wonderful... it will be falling apart....good and moist... MMMmmmmm....
Man Please!!!!

PS.. Serve it with Ice Cold Beer, tater salad , green beans, buttermilk biscuits and Ice cold beer... lol....

Cheers!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bugg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back