Thanks Y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Smith

Thanks to Alan Dujenski (WSM deal), Butch Meyers (thermometer deal), Dave Stamper (water pan mod), and Jim Minion (burn method) I had some fair ta middlin' brisket and country ribs to nibble on as a b'day present Sunday. I've used everything from an old smokey to trailer rigs in the past but for around the house the above setup great.

A friend swung by Costco to get the thermometer and fork for me and even checked it in his calibration lab at work. The remote probe reads about 6 degees low at cooking temp.

NU Temp Calibration
===================

Remote Fork Standard
75 75 75
147 149 150
156 160 160
165 168 170
175 181 180
186 190 190
194 202 200
206 212 212

I picked up the Brinkmann Charcoal pan at Walmart for $3.96. The part number 812-0002-0 was slightly different but it measures the same as what Dave shows in his writeup. (Hey any chance your the same Dave Stamper I said hey to at the Little Rock Expo in April?)

I guess the names at the top are a short list cause I read lots of other good ideas on here like the black ceramic knobs I put on for handles, oil drip pan for setting everything on, times and temps, recipes to try.....

It almost felt like cheatin' to be so hands off during the cook but the first couple a bites got me right over that feeling. Anyway thanks y'all, Keith Smith

Hi Keith,

I am the Dave Stamper that you met in Little Rock. Small world! If you would have slipped out back of the building on both days about lunch time, you could have found some BBQ. I didn't have any brisket this year but did do this meat in 2000. Those folks from Texas really scarf this stuff up.

E-mail me some time and we can talk about "both" of our hobbies.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, we meandered off south a town to Cotham's Country Store an tried one of their Hub Cap hamburgers. Now I'm wishin' we hadn't run off . Thanks again for sharin' the Brinkmann pan idear. Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back