Thanks to everyone

Curtis Adams

I want to thank everyone who has posted information on this site. I just finished my first overnighter with a pork picnic. It cooked just like I knew what I was doing. The meat was 8 lb after prep and cooked at 250 degrees for 14 hours until it measured 190 degrees. I let it set for an hour before pulling. The meat turned out wonderful with great flavor and a nice smoke ring. I am one happy person. Again thanks!

Aren't these little cookers great? Between the WSM and this, the world's greatest WSM classroom, it's hard for even a first-time BBQ cook to go wrong.

Enjoy! It just gets better from here.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time

I echo Keri's comments. I use to be a "good" griller, but as Emirel says,"I've been kicked up a notch!". All do to the WSM and this forum. I doubt seriously if my results on the WSM would have been as good without everyones help here.

Curtis, I can see some ribs and cherry smoke coming from your WSM next.

Glad the butt turned out good for you and it does get better from here. Options are almost unlimited what the WSM can do.

Randy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy P.:
Curtis, I can see some ribs and cherry smoke coming from your WSM next.

Glad the butt turned out good for you and it does get better from here. Options are almost unlimited what the WSM can do.

Randy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right! It's going to be ribs or a meatloaf. Wife says we have the meat for a meatloaf so she is pushing me in that direction. However, I love good smokey ribs.

Curtis

Back